Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Lately

Lately (as in the last month or two) the sky has been doing this really amazing lighting trick in the evenings as the sun is setting. It will be really dark and cloudy, yet a ray of light will shine through the clouds and light up around our lakes. In the opposite direction we have gorgeous cotton candy sunsets. Last night I tried to capture some of the amazing coloring of that particular sunset. These pictures don't do it justice, but at least it gives you an idea.


Lately (as in a few days ago) a dear, dear friend of mine (one of our last semester students) sent me an email with this picture attached:


If you know me even a little bit, you know that How I Met Your Mother is one of my all-time favorite shows. (Remember the Tragedy of Senior Year when I couldn't find my 3rd & 4th seasons of the show for over 6 months?) Well, this friend and I first bonded over HIMYM last semester - we were the only 2 people on campus that seemed to know and love the show - so we REALLY bonded over it, always quoting it and making jokes, then realizing we were the only people who actually got the jokes...

Anyway, she sent me this picture because this was posted on the wall in a computer lab up at Whitworth North. I just LOVE that this was posted on the wall there! It makes me super happy, and I thought it was pretty funny, so I decided to share it with you all so you could enjoy it as well!

Lately (as in last night) there was an earthquake. Exciting, I know. This is the third or fourth we've felt since we moved here 7 months ago. At first I just blamed the shaking on Bean moving around on the top bunk - but then I remembered that she wasn't on her bunk, she wasn't even here, but in Nicaragua for a few days. Then I looked over at our moving rocking chairs and new for sure it was an earthquake. Last time we felt an earthquake Bean's reaction was "Am I drunk, or is that an earthquake? Oh wait, I haven't had anything to drink". So now I just laugh and think of that every time there's an earthquake.

Lately (as in the last two years) I've been a pretty faithful listener to Ingrid Michaelson' Be Okay cd. Numerous housemates and roommates have become sick of it, but I just don't get tired of her music. She seems to sing what I feel. As a vocalist, this means a great deal to me. So, with some birthday money I went ahead and purchased two more of her cds last month, and I am so enjoying them! (Sorry Bean, at least you don't have to listen to the same 12 songs anymore - now you get a little Ingrid variety!)
Check these cds out if you need something new - I would definitely recommend them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! You put up my picture :)