Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Tuition Freedom Day

Sometime around March, Whitworth students celebrate Tuition Freedom Day.
This is the day when money donated to the Whitworth Fund from Alumni & Friends kicks in to cover the rest of student costs for the year. Let's just say this day is generally celebrated by all.

Well, I'm happy to say that yesterday was like my own little Tuition Freedom Day.
That is, yesterday I got a check that puts me essentially at full funding!

(If you don't know what I'm talking about - since June I have been raising most of my own support to work at the Porch. Friends and family have been making monthly pledges and one-time donations to support me for the next year. And yesterday I got a check covering the last monthly pledge/funding I was working to raise - so now I'm essentially fully funded!).

Praise God for funding and paychecks!
He has been so faithful in providing for my every need, and this was a huge one (the last 35% of the support I needed to raise!). After about 5 months of raising support, it is such a freeing feeling to know that I am basically funded for this year.

A huge thank you to all of you who have donated to my support fund, bought me groceries when my fridge was empty, given me fresh produce from their gardens, taken pity on my sad running shoes, etc. And an even bigger thank you to those of you who are still supporting me monthly - my neighbors/landlords are very grateful when I receive paychecks and can pay the rent.

I am so grateful for the way that my friends and family (especially my Porch family) have pitched in to provide for my needs, enabling me to work and serve in a neighborhood I love, doing work that I'm passionate about.  I am so blessed to be a part of the Porch - a group of people endeavoring to follow Jesus in faith, hope and love.

Praise God for full funding and a beautiful, talented church family!

No comments: