Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd jot down a little list of things I'm thankful for:
  • my family coming to my apartment for Thanksgiving
  • the 2 teaspoons of baking soda my neighbors gave me so that I could finish making pumpkin chocolate chip bread on Thanksgiving
  • surviving the craziest Black Friday schedule of my life :-)
  • the strong, hardworking, beautiful women I work with at The Body Shop
  • living in the beautiful West Central community - I love this area and my wonderful neighbors!
  • Indaba Coffee Bar (this is obvious, right?) - the neighborhood gathering place where I get to enjoy tasty treats and the company of friends
  • Let's expand that to just "coffee in general"
  • My current playlist - a blend of The Head & The Heart, The Civil Wars, Band of Horses, etc.
  • My wonderful family - especially my parents who continue to support me in all endeavors, even crazy things like giving up high paying jobs in order to raise my own salary and serve at my church...
  • The Porch people - this group of crazy people who are like family to me!
  • A deepening relationship with Jesus Christ - my guide, strength and faithful provider of all of my needs
  • All the wonderful people who are praying for my ministry and supporting me financially - I wouldn't be able to follow God's call to this ministry without a team of faithful supporters!

On a separate note, I am not as thankful for the dead mouse I found on the floor of the office yesterday. I guess I'm thankful that it died of apparently natural causes, and wasn't in a gross/messy trap. It was kind of a sad little sight to behold.

There are so many other things I'm thankful for, these are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving shared with family and friends. Whoever you are reading this blog, know that I'm thankful for you!

No comments: