Considering no one wants to read a super long update about exactly what has happened in that time, I'll give it to you in bullet points:
- Grad School - I started Whitworth's Masters in Theology program in July, and have now taken 3 classes.
- Road Trip - After my summer class I took two weeks off - mostly to road trip to Seattle without any real agenda. Danielle and I had the chance to rest, wander Pike Place, and see lots of dear friends and family.
- Full time - In October I started working at The Porch full time. Considering I'm still raising my support, it can be scary at times, but I'm grateful to be leaning in to this calling.
- Teaching - I started co-teaching Forma, a spiritual formation class at The Porch. This is the first time I've taught in a regular, semi-formal class setting.
- Beginning the licensing process - In November I finished my application to our denomination, The Christian & Missionary Alliance, to become licensed as a pastor at The Porch. I interview the end of March.
- Preaching - A week ago I preached my first sermon. For me, this step in learning how to be a pastor has been pretty intimidating. However, I felt like it went well, and received a lot of affirmation and positive feedback, which is encouraging.
And that's the update! Lots of hard work, growth and learning. I'm spending most of my time in West Central, serving at The Porch, working on being a pastor.
No comments:
Post a Comment