Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

That My Heart May Sing To You

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. Oh Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11-12

Yesterday was a difficult day. Saying goodbye to people you've come to know and love is hard. But today I found this verse that has meant so much to me for so many years, and it reminds me to be thankful.

So, this morning I am thankful for the beautiful sunshine. I'm thankful for the time I got to spend napping in the sunshine yesterday. I'm thankful for the new curtains in our room that block out the sunshine so I can sleep later on those rare mornings (like today) when I get to sleep in. I am eternally thankful for skype - and the opportunities I had last night to skype with my little sis and my dearest roommate. I'm thankful that the wireless is working on my laptop again. I'm thankful to live in a place that is so beautiful, people typically only come here to vacation. And I'm forever thankful for this amazing group of people that I work and live with. Pura Vida Mae! (Or for those of you currently in Guatemala - Pura Utz!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for you!