Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Today I cut down a Christmas tree - with a machete.

Okay, so that title is not completely accurate. I was not actually the person who climbed the tree and hacked off the topmost, fullest part to be our campus Christmas tree, but I was there, supporting Julio, our gardener, as he did just that. But I did get to help cut off some extra branches, yes, with the machete. My soul felt so much better after walking out on our property to cut down our very own Christmas tree. And wielding that machete with all my strength helped too. We all find ways to fight off the end of semester stress.


6 comments:

Danielle said...

This has to be one of the coolest titles. Ever.

Bailey said...

That's really true about the title/

Linnea said...

Yes, amazing title. Though most of the post seems to be you explaining why the title isn't exactly what happened.

Beth said...

And you tell me not to eat at McDonalds because of the deforestation...

:) Cute Tree.

Emily said...

Don't worry Beth, we've already planted 50-100 trees to replace that one:-)

Diane said...

I'm happy for you to have a tree, but when we go Christmas tree hunting, it always makes us a bit grumpy when someone hacks off only the top of the tree...maybe your trees grow faster in the rain foresty place you are!