Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Moment

Last night seemed somewhat surreal.

Kristina and I were doing yoga out on the back porch of our villa, looking over the beautiful, green, fog covered mountainside, when it started pouring rain. We finished our exercise and enjoyed a few minutes of silent reflection looking out on the rain. One of us mentioned that it looked and felt more like we were in the mountains of Tibet than in Costa Rica. Doing yoga on the hard wood deck, breathing in the rain, I did feel as if I could be in a monastery in the mountains of Asia.

It is difficult to truly describe it, but we experienced a moment of deep calm, peace, and connection with the world around us; a truly special moment.

Awhile later we joked about how the only thing missing from our Tibetan moment was a yogi to better instruct us in our yoga. And later that night we rounded off our peaceful evening with a bit of time in the hotel sauna:-).

Namaste.

No comments: